01 HIPAA Privacy Notice
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact:
Attn: Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer
122 Mill Road, Suite 130
Phoenixville, PA 19460
We are required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of protected health information.
- Give you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices regarding health information about you.
- Follow the terms of our notice that is currently in effect.
HOW WE MAY USE AND DISCLOSE HEALTH INFORMATION:
The following describes the ways we may use and disclose health information that identifies you (“Health Information”). Except for the purposes described below, we will use and disclose Health Information only with your written permission. You may revoke such permission at any time by writing to our practice Privacy Officer.
- For Treatment: We may use and disclose Health Information for your treatment and to provide you with treatment-related health care services. For example, we may disclose Health Information to doctors, nurses, technicians, or other personnel, including people outside our office, who are involved in your medical care and need the information to provide you with medical care.
- For Payment: We may use and disclose Health Information so that we or others may bill and receive payment from you, an insurance company or a third party for the treatment and services you received. For example, we may give your health plan information about you so that they will pay for your treatment.
- For Health Care Operations: We may use and disclose Health Information for health care operations purposes. These uses and disclosures are necessary to make sure that all of our patients receive quality care and to operate and manage our office. For example, we may use and disclose information to make sure the obstetrical or gynecological care you receive is of the highest quality. We also may share information with other entities that have a relationship with you (for example, your health plan) for their health care operation activities.
- Appointment Reminders, Treatment Alternatives and Health Related Benefits and Services: We may use and disclose Health Information to contact you to remind you that you have an appointment with us. We also may use and disclose Health Information to tell you about treatment alternatives or health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
- Individuals Involved in Your Care or Payment for Your Care: When appropriate, we may share Health Information with a person who is involved in your medical care or payment for your care, such as your family or a close friend. We also may notify your family about your location or general condition or disclose such information to an entity assisting in a disaster relief effort.
As Required by Law: We will disclose Health Information when required to do so by international, federal, state or local law.
To Avert a Serious Threat to Health or Safety: We may use and disclose Health Information when necessary to prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of the public or another person. Disclosures, however, will be made only to someone who may be able to help prevent the threat.
Business Associates: We may disclose Health Information to our business associates that perform functions on our behalf or provide us with services if the information is necessary for such functions or services. For example, we may use another company to perform billing services on our behalf. All of our business associates are obligated to protect the privacy of your information and are not allowed to use or disclose any information other than as specified in our contract.
Military and Veterans: If you are a member of the armed forces, we may release Health Information as required by military command authorities. We also may release Health Information to the appropriate foreign military authority if you are a member of a foreign military.
Workers’ Compensation: We may release Health Information for workers’ compensation or similar programs. These programs provide benefits for work-related injuries or illness.
Health Oversight Activities: We may disclose Health Information to a health oversight agency for activities authorized by law. These oversight activities include, for example, audits, investigations, inspections, and licensure. These activities are necessary for the government to monitor the health care system, government programs, and compliance with civil rights laws.
Data Breach Notification Purposes: We may use or disclose your Protected Health Information to provide legally required notices of unauthorized access to or disclosure of your health information.
Lawsuits and Disputes: If you are involved in a lawsuit or a dispute, we may disclose Health Information in response to a court or administrative order. We also may disclose Health Information in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process by someone else involved in the dispute, but only if efforts have been made to tell you about the request or to obtain an order protecting the information requested.
Law Enforcement: We may release Health Information if asked by a law enforcement official if the information is: (1) in response to a court order, subpoena, warrant, summons or similar process; (2) limited information to identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person; (3) about the victim of a crime even if, under certain very limited circumstances, we are unable to obtain the person’s agreement; (4) about a death we believe may be the result of criminal conduct; (5) about criminal conduct on our premises; and (6) in an emergency to report a crime, the location of the crime or victims, or the identity, description or location of the person who committed the crime.
Inmates or Individuals in Custody: If you are an inmate of a correctional institution or under the custody of a law enforcement official, we may release Health Information to the correctional institution or law enforcement official. This release would be if necessary:
- For the institution to provide you with health care;
- To protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others; or
- The safety and security of the correctional institution.
USES AND DISCLOSURES THAT REQUIRE US TO GIVE YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO OBJECT AND OPT
Individuals Involved in Your Care or Payment for Your Care: Unless you object, we may disclose to a member of your family, a relative, a close friend or any other person you identify, your Protected Health Information that directly relates to that person’s involvement in your health care. If you are unable to agree or object to such a disclosure, we may disclose such information as necessary if we determine that it is in your best interest based on our professional judgment.
Disaster Relief: We may disclose your Protected Health Information to disaster relief organizations that seek your Protected Health Information to coordinate your care, or notify family and friends of your location or condition in a disaster. We will provide you with an opportunity to agree or object to such a disclosure whenever we practically can do so.
YOUR WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION IS REQUIRED FOR OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES
The following uses and disclosures of your Protected Health Information will be made only with your written authorization:
- Uses and disclosures of Protected Health Information for marketing purposes; and
- Disclosures that constitute a sale of your Protected Health Information
Other uses and disclosures of Protected Health Information not covered by this Notice or the laws that apply to us will be made only with your written authorization. If you do give us an authorization, you may revoke it at any time by submitting a written revocation to our Privacy Officer and we will no longer disclose Protected Health Information under the authorization. But disclosure that we made in reliance on your authorization before you revoked it will not be affected by the revocation.
You have the following rights regarding Health Information we have about you:
- Right to Inspect and Copy: You have a right to inspect and copy Health Information that may be used to make decisions about your care or payment for your care. This includes medical and billing records, other than psychotherapy notes. To inspect and copy this Health Information, you must make your request, in writing, to: AdaptHealth, Attn: Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer, 122 Mill Road, Suite A130, Phoenixville, PA 19460. We have up to 30 days to make your Protected Health Information available to you and we may charge you a reasonable fee for the costs of copying, mailing or other supplies associated with your request. We may not charge you a fee if you need the information for a claim for benefits under the Social Security Act or any other state of federal needs-based benefit program. We may deny your request in certain limited circumstances. If we do deny your request, you have the right to have the denial reviewed by a licensed healthcare professional who was not directly involved in the denial of your request, and we will comply with the outcome of the review.
- Right to an Electronic Copy of Electronic Medical Records: If your Protected Health Information is maintained in an electronic format (known as an electronic medical record or an electronic health record), you have the right to request that an electronic copy of your record be given to you or transmitted to another individual or entity. We will make every effort to provide access to your Protected Health Information in the form or format you request, if it is readily producible in such form or format. If the Protected Health Information is not readily producible in the form or format you request your record will be provided in either our standard electronic format or if you do not want this form or format, a readable hard copy form. We may charge you a reasonable, cost-based fee for the labor associated with transmitting the electronic medical record.
- Right to Get Notice of a Breach: You have the right to be notified upon a breach of any of your unsecured Protected Health Information.
- Right to Amend: If you feel that Health Information we have is incorrect or incomplete, you may ask us to amend the information. You have the right to request an amendment for as long as the information is kept by or for our office. To request an amendment, you must make your request, in writing, to: AdaptHealth, Attn: Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer, 122 Mill Road, Suite A130, Phoenixville, PA 19460.
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures. You have the right to request a list of certain disclosures we made of Health Information for purposes other than treatment, payment and health care operations or for which you provided written authorization. To request an accounting of disclosures, you must make your request, in writing, to: AdaptHealth, Attn: Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer, 122 Mill Road, Suite A130, Phoenixville, PA 19460.
- Right to Request Restrictions. You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on the Health Information we use or disclose for treatment, payment, or health care operations. You also have the right to request a limit on the Health Information we disclose to someone involved in your care or the payment for your care, like a family member or friend. For example, you could ask that we not share information about a particular diagnosis or treatment with your spouse. To request a restriction, you must make your request, in writing, to: AdaptHealth, Attn: Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer, 122 Mill Road, Suite A130, Phoenixville, PA 19460. We are not required to agree to your request unless you are asking us to restrict the use and disclosure of your Protected Health Information to a health plan for payment or health care operation purposes and such information you wish to restrict pertains solely to a health care item or service for which you have paid us “out-of-pocket” in full. If we agree, we will comply with your request unless the information is needed to provide you with emergency treatment.
- Out-of-Pocket-Payments. If you paid out-of-pocket (or in other words, you have requested that we not bill your health plan) in full for a specific item or service, you have the right to ask that your Protected Health Information with respect to that item or service not be disclosed to a health plan for purposes of payment or health care operations, and we will honor that request.
- Right to Request Confidential Communications. You have the right to request that we communicate with you about medical matters in a certain way or at a certain location. For example, you can ask that we only contact you by mail or at work. To request confidential communications, you must make your request, in writing, to: AdaptHealth, Attn: Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer, 122 Mill Road, Suite A130, Phoenixville, PA 19460. Your request must specify how or where you wish to be contacted. We will accommodate reasonable requests.
- Right to a Paper Copy of This Notice. You have the right to a paper copy of this notice. You may ask us to give you a copy of this notice at any time. Even if you have agreed to receive this notice electronically, you are still entitled to a paper copy of this notice. You may obtain a copy of this notice at our web site, www.oceanhomehealth.com. To obtain a paper copy of this notice, you must make your request, in writing, to: AdaptHealth, Attn: Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer, 122 Mill Road, Suite A130, Phoenixville, PA 19460.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE:
We reserve the right to change this notice and make the new notice apply to Health Information we already have as well as any information we receive in the future. We will post a copy of our current notice at our office. The notice will contain the effective date on the first page, in the top right-hand corner.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with our office, in writing, or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with our office, contact:
Attn: Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer
122 Mill Road, Suite A130
Phoenixville, PA 19460
You may also file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Office for Civil RightsCentralized Case Management Operations
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Suite 515F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
Agreement to Rules of Use: You agree to abide by this Agreement and the AdaptHealth Rules of Use, including but not limited to, agreeing not to use the Site for any unlawful purpose. A copy of the Rules of Use, which you should review, can be found below.
Third-Party Sites: The Site may produce automated search results or otherwise link you to other sites on the Internet. These sites may contain information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites are not under the control of AdaptHealth, and you acknowledge that AdaptHealth is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites. The inclusion of such a link does not imply endorsement of the site by AdaptHealth or any association with its operators.
Proprietary Rights: You acknowledge and agree that all content and materials available on the Site are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by AdaptHealth, you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, or create derivative works from such materials or content. Notwithstanding the above, you may print or download one copy of the materials or content on the Site on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from AdaptHealth is prohibited.
As noted above, reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on the Site is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of AdaptHealth. Permission is granted only when certain limited criteria are met. For information on requesting such permission, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIPAA Terms and Conditions
“HIPAA” shall mean Section 262 of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, P.L. 104-191 (“HIPAA”) which governs the use and transmission of individually identifiable health information.
“Legal Requirement” shall mean any law or regulation affecting the use or disclosure of Protected Health Information.
“Protected Health Information” shall mean any Protected Health Information as defined in HIPAA or any similar information obtained from individuals as a result of the Customer providing products or services.
Security and Confidentiality: You acknowledge that Protected Health Information requires special safeguarding and agree to abide by the laws of your company, state, and HIPAA regarding the protection and disclosure of Protected Health Information contained in the Site.
Safeguards: You agree that it is your responsibility to implement reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Protected Health Information and any and all other confidential information accessible on or through the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties: ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE (THE “CONTENT”) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. ADAPTHEALTH DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE CONTENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ADAPTHEALTH, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF MCCALLIE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, MCCALLIE’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Copyright: The entire content (including text and “look and feel” attributes) of the Site is ©2019 AdaptHealth, LLC. Any use of such content requires the written permission of AdaptHealth, LLC. All rights reserved.
Viruses: Because of the marked increase in the fabrication and proliferation of computer viruses affecting the Internet, we want to warn you about infections or viral contamination on your system. It is your responsibility to scan any and all downloaded or viewed materials received from the Internet. We are not responsible or liable for any damage caused by such hazards.
Security and E-Mail: Be aware that Internet and e-mail communications are inherently not confidential. It is possible that information transmitted to or from us may be read or obtained by other parties.
AdaptHealth uses no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of the Site, and up to 128-bit encryption on other portions. When you are on any web site that asks you for confidential information (social security numbers or protected health data, for example), you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information.
We welcome your e-mail correspondence but if you need to send confidential information and are concerned about its security, then you should consider sending it by phone or by regular mail instead.
Indemnification: Upon a request by AdaptHealth, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless AdaptHealth and its subsidiary and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, officers, and directors from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees that arise from your use or misuse of the Site or failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement. AdaptHealth reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with AdaptHealth in asserting any available defenses.
ADAPTHEALTH DOES NOT, AND SHALL NOT, INDEMNIFY YOU OR HOLD YOU HARMLESS OTHER THAN AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION ENTITLED “INDEMNIFICATION.”
Contents: Statements made in Internet sites, newsgroups, message boards, e-mail, forums, conferences and chats reflect only the views of their authors. Forum managers, forum hosts, or Merchants appearing on AdaptHealth site are not authorized AdaptHealth spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of AdaptHealth.
Licenses and Idea Submissions: You agree to grant to AdaptHealth a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products or services) you submit to public areas of AdaptHealth (such as BBSs, forums and chat rooms) by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You hereby waive your moral rights in any such materials and information, and you hereby warrant that any such materials and information are original with you, or that you have the right to submit such materials and information. You agree that you shall have no recourse against AdaptHealth for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communication to us.
Third-Party Rights: The provisions of the Sections Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability and Indemnification are for the benefit of AdaptHealth and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and information providers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
International Use: AdaptHealth makes no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Limited License: By this Agreement, AdaptHealth grants, subject to the terms of this Agreement, only a limited, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to use the software and documentation necessary to access, explore and otherwise use the Site in real time and to use the materials on this Internet site in a manner consistent with this Agreement.
Electronic Means: You and AdaptHealth desire to facilitate certain transactions pursuant to this Agreement by exchanging documents, records and signatures electronically or by utilizing electronic agents. The use of electronic facilities or agents shall be in accordance with procedures established by AdaptHealth and governed by the applicable provisions of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act as adopted in the State of Pennsylvania.
Force Majeure: AdaptHealth shall not be responsible for any damages, delay in performance or failure to perform hereunder to the extent that such failure was caused by acts or occurrences beyond its control including, but not limited to, strikes or other labor disputes, riots or other civil disturbance, internet or communication failures, embargoes, government regulations or requirements (executive, legislative, judicial, military or otherwise), power failure, electrical surges or current fluctuations, lightning, earthquake, flood, war, water, the elements, or other forces of nature, delays or failures of transportation, equipment shortages or suppliers’ failures.
Notices Regarding Software, Documents and Services Available on the Site: IN NO EVENT SHALL ADAPTHEALTH AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTS, PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THIS SERVER.
Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement: Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(C)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Service Provider’s Designated Agent. All inquiries that are not relevant to the following procedure will not receive a response. For more information click contact: email@example.com.
Termination: AdaptHealth reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the Site, with or without notice.
Rules of Use: By posting information in or otherwise using any web page or communications service, chat room, message board, newsgroup, software library, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through the Site, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content–including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information—that reflects any of the below.
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including, but not limited to, sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates AdaptHealth rules or policies.
- Victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as “spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party.
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of AdaptHealth.
You also agree that you will not harvest or collect information about the users or members of the Site or use such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications.
AdaptHealth generally does not pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted by users of communications services, chat rooms, message boards, newsgroups, software libraries, or other interactive services that may be available on or through the Site. However, AdaptHealth and its agents have the right, at their sole discretion, to remove any content that, in AdaptHealth judgment, does not comply with the Rules of Use or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. AdaptHealth is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.